Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Monday, October 17, 2011

Small steps . . .

I'm so anxious and excited to work on some aspect of the mansion that I went out shopping and was hoping to find the necessary pieces to make my own spiral staircase (have figured out exactly what I need - just need to find the nicest looking parts to make sure it's a stunning sprial stair).  Struck out on finding the stair pieces, but stumbled across this great metal mesh sheet that I think will look perfect on the glass doors for the Bulter's Pantry (where the family locked up the fine china and silver).  I'll need to spray it black or pewter first -- it's too bright and shining right now. This will be a nice winter project on a snowy day . . . can't wait to start constructing the pantry and doors now.

No comments:

Post a Comment