Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Thursday, October 27, 2022

2nd Life for this Cat (Roombox)

I love cats.  Hate kitty litter, claws, and hair ball vomit.  But I adore cats.  When asked though, I have to say I'm a dog person. However, some black carpet and cute cat furniture made me create this cat themed bedroom roombox:

Sue Sharp dressed the bed for me

The wall art was a table that broke but the table top looked good so it became artwork

Up close pic of the bed

Cat chair in the corner always made me smile

However, I am running out of space in my basement to store my creations and I have an 1890s kitchen I want to make but have no space for. I didn't want to just throw the roombox away. It deserved better than that. So this roombox is being passed on to a neighbor friend who loves cats and appreciates miniatures. This kitty cat project gets another life. And I have a new spot for my next miniature project!

No comments:

Post a Comment