Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Customer's Apple Blossom

Customer brought us her partially finished Walmer Apple Blossom dollhouse to finish for her.  Although it was dropped off at the end of summer, we didn't get to start working on it until after Halloween since we were working on the Rotted Porch Roof dollhouse (Blog Post about our late summer and early fall work).

This Apple Blossom's interior was mostly finished.  Customer had wired it and wallpapered four of the six rooms.  Needed us to put ceiling papers in four rooms and finish wallpapering the top two rooms.  Also she wanted us to complete the exterior: attach the front porch and railings, paint everything (customer had previously painted some trim pieces but they all needed another coat or two to match with the pieces we had to prime/paint), assemble and install the windows and door, and shingle the house.
BEFORE: Customer had stained the porch floor so I had already put wax paper and blue painter's tape down to protect it before I remembered to take the "before" photos
AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER

AFTER
Customer also wanted us to finish wallpapering the interior.  Four ceilings needed paper and the top two rooms needed wallpapers.
BEFORE: Interior top rooms needed to be papered

AFTER: Top two rooms and ceilings were papered
Currently I am working on a customer's house that was ruined in a basement flood as well as a customer's Victorian Doll House by Woodline (First post about current Woodline project).

Due to the holidays my own personal miniature work was put on hold: I had to pack it all up so my little nieces and nephews visiting my house didn't play with the delicate parts or hurt themselves with my tools.  So, unfortunately, there was no progress made on my mansion.  And even though we had two snow days this week, I still did not get any personal mini'ing done since my eldest (about to turn 14 next week) and youngest (9) have both decided they want their real life bedrooms to be redecorated so I have been distracted with wallpaper removal, paint samples, and rearranging furniture the last two days.  But after teenager's birthday sleepover party next weekend I will attack my mansion with a gleeful energy!  Stay warm, my friends!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lori,
    The house came out beautifully. I love the color palette. Enjoy the teenage redecorating, but I do look forward to seeing progress on your personal work.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lori - I love the elegant color combination of the finished Apple Blossom. You've done beautiful work. Have fun redecorating your daughters' rooms. I envy you - redecorating is one of my favorite things to do. Since my daughters are all grown, they enjoy doing their own decorating, and I don't get to have as much fun. I shouldn't have shared that gene! It's a good thing that I have miniature houses to decorate! I hope the sleepover party goes well - and I can't wait to see the results of your gleeful energy on the Mansion.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete