Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Thursday, December 14, 2017

I Found a Name! (And it's Woodline)

My curiosity is appeased!  This house that keeps appearing to haunt me finally has a name! (First mention of this style house. Second post about this style house.)
The house we worked on in 2004

The same style house that appeared for work in 2015

Another turned up again in 2016
And, in November, a fourth one showed up for repair!
This house is in for repair in 2018
But this customer had all the manufacturer's instructions and some other reading material about miniatures (including some catalogs from the 1970s or early 80s for Lynne's in PA)!

 
So this style house is called the Victorian Doll House by Woodline Products out of Illinois.

Now that I had a direction to google, I have found some other Woodline Product houses with the most popular being:
Not certain if you can see the other houses offered so here's another image of a kit up close:

That's that.  Now I know who made these houses I keep seeing and what they are called.  And now you do too.  Lol

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori - No wonder that you were so curious! Four houses of the same style showing up in your shop seems amazing, even though they were spread out over some years. Congratulations on getting that mystery solved. It's such an attractive house; I can see why it's so popular. Thanks for the information.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this post and seeing these dollhouses, and isn't it funny how they keep showing up on your store doorstep?
    The houses look solidly built with good sized rooms, so I'm glad to learn that they were brought in to your shop for restoration.
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my grandmothers dollhouse that she received as a retirement gift back in the late 70's early 80's. It is the Woodline Victorian. I have had it in storage for a long time and I am finally ready to begin it's transformation!

    Thank you for writing this post. I love seeing pictures of this house.

    ReplyDelete