Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hinged!

Both hinges cooperated and turned out great!
Dollhouse Before: minor work needed on right side of house to reattach
 the addition front panel and the second story porch door back in place.

Dollhouse After: Cleaned, reattached additon front panel, put porch door on hinge,
reglued porch railing in place and interior stairs were given a coat of paint and reglued in place (not shown).
Customer was happy to have the childhood dollhouse swinging parts back in working order.  Addition panel was put on a new hinge and the porch door was reglued together and fit back on to the hinge.


Porch door opens and closes again!


I was happy that there were no issues with the job: hinges went on without a hitch!  Riding on a wave of euphoria over my hinge success, I decided to tackle a personal project I have been avoiding for 10 years: my Leaky Cauldron/Diagon Alley! It is now up out of the basement and ready to be completed!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lori,
    Congratulations on a job well done!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete