|My first attempt at Paperclay.|
But, having had success with paperclay on the smaller project, I used the left-over chunk of it that I had to make the 1795 kitchen floor! I rolled it out and then stuck it in. Then realized that it only filled about 1/2 of the room. I did not know how much time I had before it started to dry out so I quickly rolled out another section and blended it into the first piece. And still was about 3" x 5" too small. So another handful of paperclay was plopped into the roombox! Figured I could roll it out once it was in the room. Which would have been a great idea if the rolling pin fit in the roombox. So I used my hand to flatten it as best I could. It is not as even as I'd have liked, but given it is a 1795 kitchen, they probably had some uneven floors (although not as uneven as mine, I'm sure! LOL). Then I started creating my bricks . . . .
|Drawing in my bricks . . . .|
|Bricks all drawn in and left to dry for a few days.|
|Paperclay bricks with just a brown paint wash on them.|
|1795 kitchen floor.|