Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Monday, January 6, 2014

Like a bad penny, I'm back!

I decided I'm no good with guilt, and I felt very guilty at how infrequently I posted on my blog.  But it was only about my Mansion, and I don't get to work on my Mansion often, so therefore I didn't post often.  But I was am still very involved in miniatures and working on things!  Just not my Mansion.  So I have changed this blog ("My Miniature Mansion") to be about ALL my miniature works (including the projects I work on for my job at a miniature store)!

Thank you to Linda who emailed me about my Grand Stair in my Mansion!  Your email has motivated me to return to this blog and to update it!  Mansion is still in progress (I know, you're all shocked by that).  Here's a photo of my playing with my Bespaq Grand stairs which came in the Majestic Mansion's Palace kit (for Linda):


The faint line on the wood above the stairs is where the steps must go to, so I have to add a stair or two to the bottom -- which will also help it clear the doorway opening that is under it too (see top photo).

In the past year, my Dad also built me a base:  The base in the photo below is for under the main house (another one is being made for under the addition part of the house). Yes, it is just as large, if not larger than, my coffee table and longer than my dog (who I think is trying to chew on it already!) Luckily Dad put it on caster wheels so I can roll it around cuz it's gonna be huge! The open space will be divided into kitchen and staff rooms!

I'm glad to be back - and now I can tell you about all the projects I have in process and not just this one that I dream about . . . .

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lori,
    That staircase is beautiful. I look forward to seeing it in place with the extra steps.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back!! A bad penny can clean up well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't matter how well it cleans up, it's still only worth a thought. LOL

      Delete