Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Friday, March 2, 2018

Woodline Victorian Ready for Play

Between illnesses, doctor visits, and the lingering real life redecorating of my daughters' rooms, the only miniaturing I got to do in February was on customer projects.  The Woodline Victorian is completely repainted and ready for the customer to come pick it up for daughter to play with it!

House was brought in missing all second story railings and some of the first floor railings.  We were hired to repair or create all railings, repaint exterior, create working front door and side door, finish shingling the house (customer had started a while ago but never finished), repair 2 windows that were missing mullion pieces, replace the "grass" in the yard, and wallpaper 3 remaining rooms inside.
BEFORE
AFTER
Originally customer was uncertain about removing all the black accent touches.  So our first step was to repaint the trims, leaving the corbels and window trims black:
IN PROGRESS Painting
But daughter didn't like the look so all trims were painted over.  Those black interior window trims were changed to white.  It took five coats of white to cover, and even then I think it could have used a sixth and seventh coat but we had reached the budget limit back on coat four! LOL Surprisingly, covering the black with the teal color only took 2 coats in most places -- and good thing too, because it was nerve racking to paint the edges of the shutters without getting paint on the white house!

Customer provided the wallpaper and we tackled the remaining 3 rooms in the house that were not papered (top two rooms and center middle room):
BEFORE: a few rooms left needing wallpaper
AFTER
BEFORE Center two rooms needing paper
AFTER
Longest part involved the porch railings: regluing all the exterior railing back together, painting the railing while it was already glued to the porch, and needing to cut two new porch post corbels!
BEFORE: Side porch missing all rails but a porch post and corbel railing.
AFTER: Needs a wicker porch set and a table with summer drinks on it!
BEFORE
AFTER

AFTER

AFTER
Now that this house is done, I am finishing up another customer's red townhouse (townhouse has been in since I primed it and installed some tapewire over a year ago: customer has been slowly picking out wallpapers and chandeliers for me to wire in:  Video of customer's townhouse after getting fire place lights installed).  And once that is completed, I can go back to working on MY miniature stuff again!  I wish everyone a productive and sunny Spring!  Caio! (That was for you, Julie! LOL)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori - You've done a beautiful job on this house. I LOVE the color, but just the thought of painting all that window trim and all the porch railings makes me cringe. You did it all perfectly and deserve kudos! I hope you'll soon be able to work again on your "personal" miniatures - I'm looking forward to seeing more of the mansion.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lori,
    It is beautiful. The new color scheme is great and the house feels much more alive. Great work.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete