Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Decisions and Dilemmas

I get very involved with the dollhouses and projects I work on.  I get to know their little idiosyncrasies, the small bits that make a room just perfect, or the minor imperfections that cause one wall to stick out slightly more than the others, etc.  I even begin to talk to the dollhouses. Yes, I talk to the dollhouses ("I know you'd look really cute with a pediment here, but I'm already $10 over budget so you aren't getting one!").  Sometimes they answer back to me in my mind.

So, this house is being picked up on Tuesday, finished to the customer's specifications.  (Before and After pics will be in next blog entry on Tuesday).  But I really want to make some minor changes to it.  The front door the customer picked is a beautiful white Majestic Mansion's door (I love Majestic Mansion stuff!).  But the house is also painted white.  It looks nice, but the dollhouse and I have been talking . . . 
Love that front door!  Can you see it?

Overall view of the exterior, looking like a lovely little home.
I don't know if the customer has steps for the house or not, but if she does, I think they need to be black.  And with some touches of black on the door, I think it would really pop!

Now I see that door I love so much!

Amazing what I can do with black construction paper, huh?
Seeing as how we are already at the top of the budget (and the customer may have front steps at home for the dollhouse), I can't take the time to create the steps for this house.  But the dollhouse talked to me and said it could rock the look! LOL

The dollhouse just whispered to me that I ought to email the customer to ask if she has front steps . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment