Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Friday, November 17, 2017

Water Update: Year Anniversary!

I was so distracted by other projects, looming holidays, and baby arrival that I missed the year check up on our water effects! Blog post about different water products to use in miniature scenes.

Now I have since used another miniature water effects product (running water to create a fountain was explained in the middle to end of This Blog Entry) but did not cover that in this experiment and review.
Day 1
Half Year Anniversary
And today (13 months later) there is not much change!  No cracks or shrinkage that I see.  Issues that were there before (bubbles, cloudiness, etc.) are still there:
Year Anniversary Group Picture
Not seeing much difference in the sun photos either:
Early Days in sun


Year Anniversary in sun
For individual photos:
EnviroTex in Painted birdbath

EnviroTex Unpainted birdbath

Scenic Water

Solid Water
So I don't see any major changes but we will continue to check up on them -- hopefully I'll remember in October next year for our second anniversary! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori - It's interesting that there has been so little - if any - change in the water samples over a 13-month period. They all look good, but I think I like the Scenic Water and the Solid Water best. They look more realistic, at least in the photographs. I especially like that slight discoloration in the Solid Water - it just looks like standing water should look. I wish I could see the real thing to know for sure! Thanks for the update on your experiment.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lori,
    It is great of you to post about your experimenting with "water". I have often seen beautiful miniatures which were ruined by bad water imitation.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete