The Artply Rutherford had railing for the tower roof which my teenage-self did not glue on centered.
![]() |
| Bit more to the right please... |
So I removed it. Then I bought this Lemax Halloween fencing to use on the house. It was going to need some fine tuning to fit in with my house better but it was a good base to start with.
So I used a hammer to carefully remove the resin "ground" the fences were attached to. The resin chipped in places but overall it went okay. In addition to removing the "grass base" and skulls at the bottom, it needed to be repainted.
![]() |
| You can see some chipped bottoms on the post at the top of this picture. I had started painting the bat pikes on the posts' tops when I took this picture. |
Painted the rails copper, the balls on the posts black, and everything got a black paint wash to age/dirty them.
![]() |
| Spray painting the fence copper |
![]() |
| Regluing the fences to the posts |
Put them on the house to discover that some of the irregular chipping and cutting on the bases left gaps that would need trim to cover...
![]() |
| Post doesn't even reach the roof top. |
Cut some black trim and edged all the post bases on the tower roof.
![]() |
| Looks like a solid post now |
Now the exterior is mostly all painted. Front door has arrived and trims are expected in a few days. I put windows in place loosely (Nightfall Designs: Etsy Shop I Bought Windows From) to see how it is coming together and am very excited:
Front door has been painted and new front door wall has been cut since new door is a single whereas prior door had been a double. More progress on this crazy train coming soon!









No comments:
Post a Comment