Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Mansion Update (For Mom: mostly pics with some words)

I keep waiting until another step is finished before I take an updated photo of the Mansion, but I jump around so much there is no completion of "one step".  If I keep waiting until it's perfect, no one will see the photos until it's finished (which will be in seven years or so at this rate! LOL).  Since my mother keeps updated on the mansion progress via this blog, I needed to do an update for her (and for anyone else who has wondered where this project of mine is at).  So here is the current situation of the Lion's Keep Mansion (even though all parts are still in progress):
Main House is stoned and painted except top level; addition is painted and has stone cut but it is not glued on yet.

Front door area is stoned and coach lights are loosely arranged.
I loved those coach lights by Jo of Spencer's Nook.  I still need to drill holes thru for coach lights to be wired inside the house (but my electrical toolbox is snowed in at work and I'm snowed in at home).

Have 2 different trims to finish off the linear edges of the house...This is trim 1.

Trim 2.  Still can't decide which I like better....
Thought I'd be doing this roofing as "roof" is really only large enough for about 4 rows of Spanish tile roofing...
Leaning towards Spanish tile roof.

Not sure color coordinates well enough though so I'd have to paint them.
For the inside....Lady's bedroom still needs crown molding but new flooring pleases me.
Lady's Bedroom
Sitting room still needs door trim and baseboards (and picture needs to be hung):
Lady's sitting room fireplace (door on right needs trim molding still)

Just needs curtains and baseboards from this angle
Music room still needs it's wallpaper installed and protective covering taken off flooring...

Music Room/Parlor

Love those windows and seeing thru arch to front door!
Guest room just needs crown molding and curtains (and I have to dress the bed, in all my spare time):
I love the bay bump-out in this room!

Guest room, in progress but close to completion
The library (still my favorite room in the mansion)...

Full two story library

Lower library

Entire view of the right side of mansion:
Right side of mansion, in progress
The upper level is a conservatory to be filled with plants and birdcages, but it is only primed and there is nothing to show yet except white walls.  And the lower basement kitchen area is a mess because I decided to cut through the wall to the other side of the mansion so the servants can walk from the kitchen to the laundry room and their bedrooms.  But in the process of cutting the doorway I accidentally ripped up the flooring so I have to fix that now.

Here's an updated video of the right side (with me trying to operate the remote without looking at it to see which button I'm pushing -- oops).
That's it for now!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori - The mansion is looking wonderful. Those coach lights are perfect for the front, and I think the doors and windows are beautiful. I like both those trim pieces - that's going to be a hard choice. You've done such nice work on all the wallpaper (I love the Lady's bedroom paper!) and the flooring. The fireplace in the Lady's sitting room is one of my favorite things - but the two-story library with its staircase is just amazing! Gorgeous! And what a lot of books you have to finish it off to perfection. I could curl up in there for a long, long time. I'm so glad that you've posted these photos - it's great to see all the progress you've made.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lori,
    What a wonderful mansion it will be. I love the finishing choices you've made and I like the furniture you have chosen for the rooms. the library is wonderful, and I must say I love the look and feel of the guest room.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Lori it is AMAZING!!! Is it 1" scale or half scale? If you finish in 7 years that will be faster than I finished my 13 room townhouse ... by about 3 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, It is 1" scale so it's rather large, taking up a lot of space in my dining room...

      Delete