Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Mansion growing by leaps and bounds...

Not a lot of "explanation" this time: I'll let the picture speak for itself.  Addition is together and final top floor is dry fitted!  Have some adjustments to make (addition and main house don't match up exactly) but overall I'm thrilled!
Time to start decorating the exterior!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori - The mansion looks huge! I didn't expect it to be so big - that top floor makes such a difference. I'm looking forward to watching your progress on the exterior.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think my family expected it to be so big either! LOL In truth, it's still too small: nursery is crammed full and poor Nanny only gets a built-in bed in the corner instead of her own room...but I figure the family is aware of the fact that they are outgrowing their space and is working with an architect to expand the house over the outdoor patio (space on the left) -- but the construction for that can't start until the family leaves for their European tour in the summer :) For now they have to live in cramped quarters. LOL

      Delete
  2. I bet it's just amazing in person...it looks so massive! I'm very excited to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trisha - I can't hide this from my family on the other side of the dining room table any more! LOL

      Delete
  3. Hello Lori,
    The building looks awesome. I love the symmetry of the final project. Great job!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Giac! Although nothing compares to yours! I'm still dreaming and drooling over your kitchen remodel!

      Delete