Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Harborside Wrap Up.

Harborside Manor was picked up almost a week ago and I miss it.  Not that the worktable is empty now: there is a green house we worked on previously (Non-colonial Colonial) that has returned for wallpapering and a blue Holly Hobby house that is being electrified and finished.  And, as always, my friend's Contemporary Ranch kit is partially assembled/painted and waiting for my attention.
But before we move on, I wanted to officially have closure on the Harborside Mansion . . . here are the before and after pics (with a brief recap of work done) of this beautiful home.
Starting at the top with the 3rd floor:

Before: Attic Left, removed wires from back walls and installed décor.
After: Attic Left, now a laundry room and bathroom.
Before: Attic Right, removed wires across back wall.
After: Girl's Bedroom, sconce wired to bathroom wall and décor installed.
Second floor is next - all lights had to be wired to a new tape run installed on 3rd level floors.  Glue spots had to be removed/chipped/sanded out.  And décor was installed in all rooms.

Before: Study/Office, wires moved from ceiling to floor above.
After: Study/Office
Before: Hallway
After: Hallway
Before: Bedroom looking into Bathroom, that glue spot in the back corner was killer to remove!
After: Bedroom
After: Looking into the bathroom from the open end of the dollhouse
After: Bathroom as seen from the front of the house when bay door is open.
First Floor: again, wires were moved from ceiling to floors above.  Kitchen wall was glued in place.  Arch way was cut from Kitchen to Conservatory.  Décor was installed in all rooms.
Before: Living Room
After: Living Room
Before: Kitchen
After: Kitchen
Before: Conservatory, here you can see what a difference that arch makes!
After: Conservatory
Extra photos just because:

After: The Bay, with door open, looking into the Bathroom and Dining Room.  Those angles needed for the trims were a headache!

After: looking from the kitchen into the dining room - sorry it's crooked!
Before: Whole House
After: Whole House, love those floors!

After: Whole House.
Although it had it's moments of frustration (don't all projects?) it was a beautiful house!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lori,
    Amazing transformation.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting to read about your journey with the Harborside Mansion! I bought myself one for Christmas, and it's still in the box! I'm searching the internet for the Harborside to get ideas about the rooms. There are some changes I'd like to make, but as a beginner, I might be pulling out my hair someday soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete