Welcome to my life . . . .

This is a blog about my passion: dollhouses and miniatures. This particular blog was started to follow my miniature dream: to create a Victorian Mansion. But work on my Mansion is slow. Very slow. Sloth slow. Ice Age glacier movement slow. Why? Because I am easily distracted by other personal miniature projects (I have 50+ roomboxes and 15 dollhouses in various stages of incompletion) and because I work for a miniature shop and am often up to my elbows in miniature projects that aren't mine! So, I thought, some artists work in a particular medium (woods, watercolors, clay, oils, etc.), I work in progress . . . .

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Revisiting WWII P.O.W. Dollhouse

The customer emailed me photos of the World War II P.O.W. dollhouse that we refurbished/cleaned up for her!  She said I could share these with you all:
The family room (we wallpapered the walls, put down flooring, and installed trims).
I love the curtains and rug in this room -- and the decoy ducks on the mantle!
Quite possibly my favorite: View from Dining Room into Kitchen!
Originally the only access to the Kitchen was thru that archway, but we made the
window mullions on that kitchen window (behind the stove) removable so
customer could better access that room.  She said it was a great aspect to have when
arranging the kitchen and installing the curtains in there!
Moving upstairs to the summer porch area . . . . very quaint!
The little girls room: Customer is looking for other curtains for this room,
but I think these sheers look cute too.  What a sweet spot for girls to hang
out and listen to their records (It's the 40's so there are records - kids, ask your
parents or grandparents!).
 The bathroom is so beautifully coordinated with the green polka-dot curtains
and yellow accents: really pops the color on the floor!

More bathroom.
 
Customer is still playing and decorating the last two rooms (another bedroom and a mud room) but it's nice to see something we worked on all flushed out and decorated!  I love it when people are enjoying their hobby so fully!


No comments:

Post a Comment